Are You a Candidate for Dental Bonding?
With dental bonding, beautiful, white, perfectly shaped teeth may be a single dental visit away! Dental bonding is a popular treatment option to drastically improve the appearance of your teeth by masking flaws and imperfections in as little as one dental visit. If you want to improve the appearance of your teeth and are looking for a North Dallas cosmetic dentist, we invite you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Khodabakhsh. Dental bonding can be used to improve a number of dental conditions. Read on to see if you’re a candidate for dental bonding.
Dental Bonding and the Treatment Process
Dental bonding is a treatment used to improve the aesthetics of your teeth. The treatment process is quick, taking as little as 30 minutes per tooth. For many, the dental bonding process can be completed in a single dental visit. Dental bonding treatment begins with the application of a tooth-colored, putty-like resin to the teeth to hide imperfections and repair minor damage. The resin is custom shaded to match your teeth or can be made a brighter shade for a beautiful, pearly white smile. Once the desired shade is selected, the putty-like resin is applied to the teeth and shaped to the proper size. The resin is then hardened using an ultra violet light or special laser. Once completely hardened, the bonded tooth is further shaped and polished to produce a flawless smile.
Candidates For Dental Bonding
Dental bonding is mainly a cosmetic treatment, however, minor damage can be repaired with this treatment. Candidates for dental bonding should have relatively healthy gums and teeth to support the dental bonding process. You may be a candidate for dental bonding if you suffer from one or more of the following issues:
- Discolored Teeth: Yellowed, discolored teeth (regardless of the degree of staining) can be made a bright white with dental bonding. Dental bonding is especially beneficial to those who have not been able to achieve their desired level of whitening with professional whitening treatment.
- Minor Cavities: Small cavities can be repaired with dental bonding. Dental bonding is perfect for treating minor decay of the front teeth as it creates a seamless blend with the surrounding teeth. This means your cavities will be unnoticeable.
- Minor Chips or Fractures: Small imperfections like fractures or chips can be repaired with dental bonding. Repairing small cracks and chips is important to prevent the damage from progressing and to improve aesthetics.
- Gaps Between Teeth: If you are unhappy with any gaps between your teeth, dental bonding can be used to close these spaces.
- Misshaped Teeth: The appearance of irregularly shaped teeth can be improved with dental bonding. Since the resin used in dental bonding is individually shaped to each tooth, teeth can be reshaped to proper proportions.
- Small or Large Teeth: The size of both small and large teeth can be improved with dental bonding reshaping.
There are other treatment options available for those who are not candidates for dental bonding. For our patients in North Dallas, porcelain veneers are a viable alternative to dental bonding. Porcelain veneers may be recommended if you have more extensive cosmetic dental flaws.
Contact Us Today!
Dental bonding is a wonderful treatment to dramatically improve your smile. Schedule an appointment today to see if dental bonding is right for you!